HTML and CSS Reference
To add parameters to the Flash Player:
1. Add the following parameters to the object element for the rwdance.swf file, as
shown in Figure 7-29:
<param name=”quality” value=”high” />
<param name=”menu” value=”false” />
adding parameters to the Flash player
paramet ers of
the Flash player
2. Save your changes to the file and then reload jumbo.htm in a Web browser that
does not support HTML5 but does support Adobe Flash player. If you are running
Internet Explorer, you can press the F12 key and change the browser and docu-
ment mode to Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8.
3. Click the play button on the player to verify that the Flash player works properly
within your browser. Figure 7-30 shows the appearance of the Flash player and
the Royal Wedding clip.
Flash player displaying the royal wedding clip
4. Right-click the embedded video and verify that the popup menu has only two
entries—Settings and About Adobe Flash Player.
Trouble? On a Macintosh you might not see the two entries in the popup menu.
5. If you changed the settings of your Internet Explorer browser, press the F12 key
and change them back to use more current browser settings.