• What are timer services?
• How do you create a timer notification callback?
• What are interceptors?
• How do you create an interceptor class?
• How do you apply an interceptor to methods on an EJB?
• What is the lifecycle of interceptors?
• How do you implement interceptor lifecycle methods?
• What are container-managed transactions (CMTs)?
• How do you join a CMT transaction?
• What are bean-managed transactions (BMT)?
• How do you start and end a BMT transaction?
• How do you apply transaction management to EJBs?
• How do you apply transaction management to MDBs?
• What is the Java EE security architecture?
• What is declarative authorization?
• What is programmatic authorization?
EJB best practices:
• What are EJBs best used for?
• What are best design patterns for web-based applications and application clients?
• What is the best way to handle exceptions?
This list of topics is comprehensive, but you should always look online for any changes or
additional information. This is especially true if you plan on taking an EJB certification ex-
am other than Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer. You'll