HTML and CSS Reference
4. Within the head element, insert the comment
The J-Prop Shop
Sample Page for the Basic Stick
Author: your name
Date: the date
where your name is your name and the date is the current date.
5. Add code to specify that the page uses the UTF-8 character set.
6. Set the page title as Basic Sticks .
7. Link the fi le to the modernizr-1.5.js script fi le to enable HTML5 support for older
8. Link the fi le to the basicstyles.css style sheet fi le.
9. Within the body element, create structural elements for the page header, main sec-
tion, and footer.
10. Within the page header, insert an h1 heading containing the inline image fi le
basiclogo.png . Specify the following alternate text for the image: The J-Prop Shop .
Below the h1 heading, insert an h2 heading containing the text Specials This Month .
Group the h1 and h2 headings using the hgroup element.
11. Within the section element, insert an aside element. The aside element should
contain an inline image pointing to the basicstick.png fi le and having the text string
photo as the alternate text. Below the inline image within the aside element, insert
a paragraph containing the text string Our Basic Stick .
12. Add two article elements to the section element.
13. Within the fi rst article, insert an h2 heading containing the text The Basic Stick . Add
a paragraph containing the following text:
The Basic Stick is the perfect stick for beginners. The stick rotates slowly to provide
extra time for performing stick tricks, but is fl ashy enough to impress your friends.
Enjoy the following:
14. Add a block quote containing the following four paragraphs (you can copy this text
from the stick.txt fi le):
Patented Dura-Coat fi nish ensures sticks can withstand all weather conditions.
More durable than other sticks, these props will keep looking like new for as long
as you own them.
Enhanced stick fl exibility provides more bounce, allowing for better tricks. A soft
rubber core adds a whole new element to the sticking experience that you have to
feel to believe!
Full customization will give you the chance to own a pair of sticks unlike any
others out there. I make exactly what you want, with your colors and your designs.
A personal touch through both my customization options and hand-crafted designs.
15. Mark the fi rst few words of each of the four paragraphs as strong text, as shown in
16. Within the second article element, insert an h2 heading with the title Specifi cations .
17. Directly below the h2 heading, insert an unordered list. The list should contain two
items: Main Stick and Handle Sticks (one pair) .