HTML and CSS Reference
You've greatly extended the scope of the survey form through the use of selection lists,
option buttons, text area boxes, and check boxes. In the next session, you'll continue to
work on the survey form by exploring many of the new HTML5 data types, and you'll
learn how to validate the form data to ensure that users enter their data correctly.
Session 6.2 Quick Check
1. Provide the code to create a selection list for the State field limited to the
option text California , Nevada , Oregon , and Washington .
2. What attribute would you add to the code in the previous question to make
Oregon the default value for the State field?
3. For the code in Question 1, what attribute would you add to the code to display
all of the possible field values in the selection list?
4. How would you modify the code in Question 1 to allow for multiple selections?
5. Specify the code to create two option buttons for the Computer field with the
values PC and Mac .
6. In the previous question, what attribute would you add to the code to make PC
the default value for the Computer field?
7. Specify the code to create a text area box for the Memo field that displays 10 lines
of text, each of which displays up to 40 characters.
8. Specify the code to create a check box and a label for the Computer field. The text
of the label should be I use a PC and the value of the check box should be Yes .