Image Processing Reference
• Click the Path to Selection button in the Paths dialog to create a selection
from the path.
• Access the Select > Feather menu item to define a soft edge of 5 pixels for
• Choose Colors > Hue-Saturation and adjust the Hue slider to colorize the
car in a color of your choice.
Next, make the background grayscale.
• Invert the selection.
• Choose Colors > Hue-Saturation and adjust the Saturation slider to remove
the colors from the surrounding area of the image.
• Access the Filters > Blur > Gaussian Blur menu item to heavily blur the
selected image area with a radius of about 20 pixels.
• Choose Select > None to remove the selection.
• Save your image.
The image with the
selection from the path
around the car before
the last editing step.
With the Gaussian Blur
filter, a focused object
seems to have a stronger
plasticity in front of a
blurred background. The
picture has more depth.