HTML and CSS Reference
Practice the skills
you learned in
the tutorial using
the same case
data Files needed for the review assignments: banner2.png, datestxt.js, eventstxt.htm,
Hector has been promoted to general manager of promotion for all of Tulsa's special
events. He wants you to create something similar to the New Year's Eve Bash countdown
clock for all of the events sponsored by the city. Hector envisions a Web page displaying
a list of special events that includes each event's name, the date that it will occur, and
the time remaining until the event (in days, hours, minutes, and seconds). Hector wants
the following events listed on the Web page:
• Heritage Day on January 14 at 10:00 a.m.
• Spring Day Rally on May 21 at 12:00 p.m.
• July 4 th Fireworks on July 4 at 9:00 p.m.
• Summer Bash on September 1 at 12:00 p.m.
• Holiday Party on December 1 at 11:30 a.m.
• New Year's Bash on December 31 at 3:30 p.m.
Like the countdown clock, the contents of the Web site should be constantly updated
by a user's browser. Hector already has created the Web page's design and layout, but
preview of the completed Web page.
upcoming events page
Aija Lehtonen/Shutterstock.com; jbdphotography/Shutterstock.com