HTML and CSS Reference
Complete the following:
1. Use your text editor to create the following HTML5 files: aboutus.htm , form.htm ,
home.htm , lessons.htm , staff.htm , and tours.htm . Create a comment section within
each file that lists your name and the date , and provides a description of the page
and the files that it uses.
2. Use your text editor to create the following CSS style sheet files: aboutus.css , form.
css , home.css , lessons.css , staff.css , and tours.css . Create a comment section within
each file that lists your name and the date . Create another style sheet file named
chbase.css that will contain the basic style rules for all of your pages.
3. Within the home.htm file, create a Web page that will serve as the home page for
the Cliff Hangers Web site. Use the contents of the home.txt file as the contents of
your page. You are free to supplement this and all of your pages with additional
content and graphics that seem appropriate to you. Use chbase.css and home.css
to design the appearance of your page. The designs and layout you employ on your
Web site are up to you. Your Web site should be written based on HTML5 and CSS3
4. In the aboutus.htm file, construct a Web page that describes the philosophy of the
Cliff Hangers climbing school using the contents of the aboutus.txt file for inspira-
tion. Put design styles for this page in the aboutus.css file.
5. In the lessons.htm file, create the code for a Web page that describes the different
lessons offered by the school using the lessons.txt file as a guide. Put design styles for
this page in the lessons.css file.
6. In the staff.htm file, create the Web page that describes the Cliff Hangers staff using the
information from the staff.txt file. Put design styles for this page in the staff.css file.
7. In the tours.htm ile, create the Web page that describes tours offered by the school
using the information from the tours.txt file. Put design styles for this page in the
8. In the form.htm file, create a survey form for prospective customers of the Cliff
Hangers school, basing the form on the contents of the survey.txt file. The following
field names should be used in the form:
a. custname to record the customer's name
b. email to record the customer's e-mail address
c. infosrc to record where the customer heard about Cliff Hangers
d. experience to record the number of years of climbing experience, ranging from 0
e. interest to record the area of climbing interest
f. custtype to record whether the customer is interested in lessons, tours, or both
g. comments to record general comments from the customer
h. elist to record whether the customer wants to subscribe to the e-mail list
9. The form should be sent to the CGI script at www.cliffhangerschool.com/survey
using the post method.
10. Place your form styles in the form.css file.
11. Incorporate examples of the following design features on your Web site:
a. HTML5 structural elements including a header, navigation list, and figure box
b. hypertext links between Web pages and within a Web page
c. a Web table formatted using CSS styles
d. one or more floated elements or images
e. HTML5 data types and attributes within your survey form
f. an HTML5 spinner or slider input box
g. placeholder text within your survey form