HTML and CSS Reference
Case Problem 4
of XHTML by
creating a well-
document for an
Data files needed for this case Problem: address.txt, astro.txt, chem.txt, dtd_list.txt,
elect.txt, eng.txt, mwslogo.gif, physics.txt
Maxwell Scientific Maxwell Scientific is a Web site that sells science kits and educa-
tional products. Chris Todd, the head of the Web site development team, is leading an
effort to update the company's Web site. He has given you some text files and graphic
images. You may supplement this material with any additional files and resources at your
disposal. Your job will be to develop this material into a Web site that is compliant with
XHTML 1.0 strict standards. To ensure that the completed Web page is both well formed
and valid, he wants you to test it on a validator before submitting it to him.
Complete the following:
1. Use your text editor to create the following files in the tutorial.09\case4 folder:
astro.htm , chem.htm , elect.htm , eng.htm , physics.htm , and mw.css . Include your
name and the date in a comment section for each file, along with a description of
the purpose of the file.
2. Use the content from the address.txt , astro.txt , chem.txt , elect.txt , eng.txt , and
physics.txt files to create the content of each Web page. The design of the Web site
and each individual page is up to you. Store any styles you create in the mw.css
style sheet file you created in Step 1.
3. Each page should be designed as an XHTML 1.0 strict document. Include all neces-
sary declarations and namespaces.
4. Test all of your pages against a validator to ensure that each page fulfills the require-
ments of the XHTML 1.0 strict DTD.
5. Submit your completed files to your instructor, in either printed or electronic form,
enDing DaTa FileS