HTML and CSS Reference
Math High page
Complete the following:
1. Use your text editor to open the quadtxt.xhtml file from the tutorial.09\case3 folder
included with your Data Files. Enter your name and the date in the comment section
of the file. Save the file as quad.xhtml in the same folder.
2. Add an XML prolog at the top of the document.
3. Within the html element, insert two namespace declarations: one for the XHTML
namespace and the other for the MathML namespace ( http://www.w3.org/1998/
MathML a local namespace with the prefix m .
4. Scroll down the document to the paragraph element with the id eq1 . Within this
paragraph, copy and paste the MathML elements from the mathml.txt file for the first
5. Repeat Step 4 for the paragraphs with ids from eq2 through eq4 .
6. For each MathML element, add the MathML namespace prefix m to indicate that
these elements are part of the MathML vocabulary.
7. Close the file, saving your changes.
8. Open the quad.xhtml file in a browser that provides built-in support for MathML.
At the time of this writing, that includes the Firefox and Opera browsers. Verify that
your page resembles that shown in Figure 9-31.
9. Submit your completed files to your instructor, in either printed or electronic form,