HTML and CSS Reference
Marking Grouping Content
• To mark a heading, enter
<h n > content </h n >
where n is an integer from 1 to 6 and content is the text of the heading.
• To mark a paragraph, enter
<p> content </p>
• To mark a block quote, enter
<blockquote> content </blockquote>
To see how these headings appear on your computer, use the demo page.
To view heading elements:
1. Click in the blue box in the lower-left corner of the demo page, type <h1>The
J-Prop Shop</h1> and then press the Enter key to go to a new line.
2. Type <h2>Quality Juggling and Circus Props</h2> .
3. Click the Preview Code button located below the blue code window. Your
browser displays a preview of how this code would appear in your Web browser
(see Figure 1-14).
Previewing h1 and h2 headings
h1 and h2 headings
click to preview
the H T ML code
h1 and h2 headings as
rendered by the browser
Trouble? If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer 9 running
on Windows 7, your screen might look slightly different from that shown in
4. To see how an h3 heading would look, change the opening tag for the store
description from <h2> to <h3> and change the closing tag from </h2> to </h3> .
Click the Preview Code button again.
Your browser renders the code again, this time with the store information displayed
in a smaller font. If you continued to change the heading element from h3 to each
of the elements down to h6 , you would see the second line in the Preview box get