HTML and CSS Reference
Session 4.3 Quick Check
1. Provide a style rule to place an element with the id logo at the coordinates
(150, 75) using absolute positioning.
2. Provide a style rule to move the header element 5% down and 10% to the right
of its default position.
3. Provide a style rule to fi x a page element with the id watermark at the screen
coordinates (400, 300).
4. Explain the difference between absolute and relative positioning in how they
impact the placement of other elements in the Web page.
5. A navigation list has been set with a height of 300 pixels. Provide a style rule
to show scroll bars only if there are too many entries in the navigation list to
display within the space provided.
6. An inline image with the id logo_img is 400 pixels wide by 300 pixels high and
needs to be clipped by 10 pixels on each edge. Provide a style rule to accom-
7. One element has a z-index value of 1; a second element has a z-index value
of 5. Will the second element always be displayed on top of the fi rst? Explain
why or why not.