HTML and CSS Reference
Session 4.2 Quick Check
1. Provide a style rule to set the margin space around the header element to
20 pixels above and below, and 30 pixels to the left and right.
2. Provide a style property that sets the padding space around every article ele-
ment to 10 pixels on every side.
3. Provide a style rule to display every footer element with a 5-pixel solid red top
4. You want the h1 heading with the id mainHeading to be displayed with a double
green border 8 pixels wide. Provide the style rule.
5. Provide a style rule to display all hypertext links within a navigation list as block
elements with a gray background, and with rounded corners 10 pixels in radius.
Your rule should be accessible under CSS3 and all browser extensions.
6. Provide a style rule to display all div elements with elongated corners that have
a 15-pixel horizontal radius and a 5-pixel vertical radius. Your code should work
with all browser extensions and browsers that support CSS3.
7. What is the difference between a border and an outline?
8. Describe how the following style rule would differ in application between
Internet Explorer running in Quirks mode and Internet Explorer running in
border: 10px solid blue;