HTML and CSS Reference
H.2.3. Effective Multicolumn Layouts
We've offered advice on columns throughout these sections. Here is a
quick recap of our tips for creating effective column layouts:
• Use a small number of columns.
• Don't use excessively wide gutters.
• Ensure that embedded elements such as images and tables fit in
your columns on most displays.
• Precede each <multicol> tag with a <p> tag to improve your doc-
ument's appearance on other browsers.
• Avoid nesting <multicol> tags more than two deep.