HTML and CSS Reference
3. Which tag configures the next text or element to
display on a new line?
a. <new line />
b. <nl />
c. <br />
d. <line />
8. When do you need to use a fully qualified URL
in a hyperlink?
b. when linking to a Web page file on the same site
c. when linking to a Web page file on an external
4. Which tag is used to link Web pages to each
a. <link> tag
b. <hyperlink> tag
c. <a> tag
d. <body> tag
9. Which tag pair contains the items in an ordered
or unordered list?
a. <item> </item>
b. <li> </li>
c. <dd> </dd>
d. all of the above
5. What is the default alignment for headings and
d. wherever you type them in the source code
10. What does an e-mail link do?
a. automatically sends you an e-mail message with
the visitor's e-mail address as the reply-to field
b. launches the default e-mail application for the
visitor's browser with your e-mail address as
c. displays your e-mail address so that the visitor
can send you a message later
d. links to your mail server
6. Which type of XHTML list will automatically
number the items for you?
a. numbered list
b. ordered list
c. unordered list
d. definition list
Fill in the Blank
7. Which of the following is a reason why the text
contained by the title tag should be descriptive
and include the business or organization name?
a. The title is saved by default when a visitor
bookmarks a web page.
b. The title may be printed when a visitor prints
a web page.
c. The title may be listed in search engine results.
d. All of the above are reasons why the text con-
tained by the title tag should be descriptive and
include the business or organization name.
11. The <meta/> tag can be used to
12. ____________________ can be used to display
characters such as the copyright symbol.
13. The ____________________ is the preferred ele-
ment to use when you need to emphasize text.
14. The ____________________ is used to place a
nonbreaking space on a Web page.
15. Explain why it is good practice to place the
e-mail address on the Web page and within the
anchor tag when creating an e-mail link.
1. Predict the Result. Draw and write a brief description of the Web page that will be
created with the following XHTML code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"