HTML and CSS Reference
Hands-On Practice Case
1. Configure a hyperlink to an audio file on the Music page (music.html).
● Copy the greg.mp3 file from the student files in the
Chapter11/CaseStudyStarters folder and save it to your javajamcss folder.
● Launch Notepad and open the Music page (music.html) in the javajamcss
folder. Modify music.html so that the text “New songs” links to the greg.mp3
file. See Hands-On Practice 11.1 as a guide. Save your page. Test your page
using several browsers. You should hear the sound when you click on the
2. Replace the logo image with a Flash animation on the Home page (index.html).
Copy the javalogo.swf file from the student files in the Chapter11/
CaseStudyStarters folder and save it to your javajamcss folder.
Launch Notepad and open the Home page (index.html) in the javajamcss folder.
Modify index.html to display the Flash file (javalogo.swf) instead of the image
(javalogo.gif). See Hands-On Practice 11.4 for help. Save your page. Test your
page using several browsers. You should see the logo animate.
Modify the logo area on the rest of the JavaJam pages so that your Web site
has a consistent design. Save and test your pages.
Fish Creek Animal Hospital
See Chapter 2 for an introduction to the Fish Creek Animal Hospital Case Study. Figure
2.30 shows a site map for the Fish Creek Web site. The pages were created in earlier
chapters. Use the Chapter 9 fishcreekcss folder. You have three tasks:
1. Modify the fishcreek.css style rules to configure the placement of the Flash logo
and Quicktime movie.
2. Add a video to the Ask the Vet page (askvet.html). See Figure 11.20 for a sample
Fish Creek Ask the