HTML and CSS Reference
1. In PHP, strings in double quotes are parsed for variable references and special
characters before they are presented. Strings in single quotes are presented as is.
2. The include_once function does not return a fatal error if the file being included is
not found. With require_once , if the file is not found, a fatal error occurs and the
rest of the page is not processed.
3. You can use htmlspecialchars() to escape the characters used to generate HTML
tags for a page. You can use strip_tags() to remove any HTML tags from a
string. Either approach should prevent users from using malicious input to attempt
a cross-site scripting attack.
4. Associative arrays are declared as follows:
$array = ('key' => 'value, 'key2' => 'value2');
1. Get PHP up and running on your own computer.
2. Write a script that enables a user to show the current date and time on a web page.
3. Go to the PHP manual online and find a built-in function that wasn't introduced in
this lesson. Use it in a script of your own.