In order to create a new user, you need to provide the following information:
• Type of user : The type of user will be Management User, since it will manage the
• Realm : This must match the realm name used in the configuration, so unless you
have changed the configuration to use a different realm name, leave this set to
• Username : This is the username of the user you are adding.
• Password : This is the user's password.
• User groups : This is a list of comma-separated groups that should be assigned to
the newly created user; they are used for the role-based access control and audit-
ing system, which was introduced in WildFly. The information about user groups
is stored in the mgmt-groups.properties file.
If the validation is successful, you will be asked to confirm whether you want to add the
user; only then the properties files will be updated.
The final question (Is this new user going to be used to connect one AS process to anoth-
er?) can be used to add the slave Host Controllers that authenticate against a master do-
main controller. This, in turn, requires adding the secret key to your slave host's configur-
ation in order to authenticate with the master domain controller. (For more information
about domain configuration, please visit https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/
Search WWH ::