In this chapter, we have learned the following:
tasks easier to achieve.
• Frameworks can make programming much easier, but you should think carefully
about whether you require a framework and which one is best for your needs.
• A module is a self-contained piece of code that provides functions and methods that
can then be used in other files.
• CommonJS Modules and AMD modules are two popular module patterns. Com-
monJS modules are used by npm while AMD Modules are used by RequireJS.
• Browserify and Bower are two popular package managers that can be used to install
modules and frameworks, as well as manage dependencies.
• The MVC pattern is used to organize code into distinct sections that are responsible
for different elements of an application.
dynamic code and programming logic to be inserted into the markup.
• Minification is the process of removing any redundant characters from the code in
order to reduce its file size.
• Files can be compressed on the server using the gzip compression tool.
• A task runner can be used to automate common tasks such as minifying code, run-
ning tests, and concatenating multiple files into one.
• Grunt and Gulp are two of the most popular task runners whose approaches slightly
differ, but which both have a large amount of plugins for automating common tasks.
Search WWH ::