In this chapter, we have seen how it's possible to use Ajax to update pages and exchange
In this chapter, we've learned the following:
• Ajax is a technique for sending and receiving data asynchronously in the back-
• The data can be sent in many forms, but it is usually inJSON.
• Ajax can be used for making partial page updates without having to do a full page
• Ajax can be used for communicating with external APIs.
• Ajax requests are made using instances of the XMLHttpRequest object.
• Requests can receive data using a GET request or send data using a POST request.
• JSONP or JSON with Padding is a technique used to bypass the same-origin policy.
serted the markup.
In the next chapter, we'll look at the new features in the HTML5 specification and how to
Search WWH ::