HTML and CSS Reference
1. Create an Ajax program that reads text from a simple text file and displays the
output in an alert box.
2. Using the Ajax program you just completed, add some checks to monitor the
state of the server by displaying the readyState values as they change.
3. Create a form text box and two radio buttons. Ask the user for his or her name
and to check one of the radio buttons, either “male” or “female”. Use the POST
method and send the form data to a server-side script such as PHP or ASP.NET.
Return the information and display it in a yellow div container.
4. Convert the “bookstore.xml” file into a JSON file. Use an Ajax program to read
from the JSON file and parse its data. Download the json2 library and use it.
5. Install Firebug or Firebug Lite and use it to examine one of the Ajax programs
you have just completed.