HTML and CSS Reference
Regular expressions are huge and they seem to be everywhere. Programming languages
are all jumping on the bandwagon to support them. They are particularly useful in Java-
Script for validating input data and with regular expression metacharacters give you
endless ways to match patterns. After learning how to use regular expressions and pat-
tern matching you should be able to:
2. Define a regular expression object and use its properties.
3. Use the test() and exec() methods.
4. Use the regular expression metacharacters to control searches.
5. Perform search and replacements with regular expressions.
6. Validate an e-mail address, phone number, and credit card.
7. Use the match() and search() methods.
8. Remove extraneous characters from a string.
9. Split up a string by a regular expression delimiter.
10. Use a regular expression library.