In this section are collected all the examples suitable to be used for intranet deployment.
•Installer applet (Listings 7.6-7) for installing files using a signed applet.
•“The Bank” package (Listings 6.1-5) for an example of a complete deployment circuit.
• The Deploylet package (Listings 7.8-13) for an example of a complete deployment solu-
tion build on top of the Plug-In deployment means.
In this section are collected all the examples suitable to be used for Internet deployment.
• The deployment examples for J2EE and J2ME (MID Profile) presented in Chapter 5,
“Deployment Options for Non-J2SE Clients.”
•All the JNLP-related examples (see the “Code Examples Organized per Deployment
Service” section below)
•Also, the bank example could be used effectively over an Internet connection.
Other Deployment Examples
This section lists the most important examples that don't fit into the previous two categories.
• CD-ROM and multiple means deployment through the CDLauncher example (Listings
• The JavaCard applet example (Listings 5.5-10).
Code Examples Organized per Deployment Service
Forthe reference list of deployment services, see Chapter 4.
Figure A.1 graphically illustrates the organization of the examples in this topic. For an intro-
duction to the diagram in Figure A.1, see Chapter 4.
The following paragraphs discuss the supplied examples organized on the basis of the provided
The code examples that implement this basic deployment service (the capability of delivering
and installing a given client application) are listed as follows.
• The CD-ROM launcher package in Chapter 7 (Listings 7.1-5) covers the use of Java
technology for packaging a custom installer together with the application to deploy on a