HTML and CSS Reference
7. Redraw the design on paper, making any changes based on the input from the friends and relatives
with whom you have worked.
8. Write Original Design on the first design sketch.
9. Write Second Design on the second design sketch.
10. Submit your solution (lab1-2solution.docx) in the format specified by your instructor.
In the Lab
Lab 3: Asking Planning Phase Questions: Internet, Intranet, and Extranet Designs
Problem: Three different types of Web sites were discussed in this chapter — Internet, intranet, and
extranet. Each type of Web site is designed for a different target audience. Think of a retail business
that you frequently visit and how that business might use an Internet, intranet, and extranet site. The
Planning phase questions found in Table 1-4 on page HTML 15 have been reproduced in Table 1-7.
Determine the answers to these questions and enter your ideas in the table. If there are questions that
are difficult/impossible to answer directly (for example, What are users' computing environments?), list
ways that you can find the answers to those questions.
Instructions: Start your word-processing program. Open the file lab1-3.docx from the Chapter01\
IntheLab folder of the Data Files for Students. See the inside back cover of this topic for instructions
for downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for information on accessing
the required files. Perform the following tasks using your word-processing program.
1. Enter the type of business in the first row of the table. Determine the answers to the first question
for all three types of Web sites and then enter the answers in the appropriate table cells. If the
business you chose has no reason to maintain one of the three types of Web sites (Internet, intranet,
or extranet), thoroughly identify in your answer why they would not need it.
2. Continue answering the other four questions.
3. Save the file using the file name lab1-3solution.docx and then submit it in the format specified by
Table 1-7 Planning Phase Questions
Type Of Business
What is the purpose of this
Who will use this Web site?
What are users' computing
Who owns and authors
the information on the
Who decides if/where the
information goes on the