HTML and CSS Reference
6. Save the revised HTML file in the Chapter02\Apply folder using the file name apply2-1solution.html.
7. Validate your HTML code at validator.w3.org.
8. Enter g:\Chapter02\Apply\apply2-1solution.html (or the path where your data file is stored) as
the URL to view the revised Web page in your browser.
9. Print the Web page.
10. Submit the revised HTML file and Web page in the format specified by your instructor.
Extend Your Knowledge
Extend the skills you learned in this chapter and experiment with new skills.
Creating a Definition List
Instructions: Start Notepad++. Open the file, extend2-1.html from the Chapter02\Extend folder of
the Data Files for Students. See the inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the
Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for information about accessing the required files.
This sample Web page contains all of the text for the Web page. You will add the necessary tags to
make this a definition list with terms that are bold, as shown in Figure 2-45.
rule in color
Perform the following tasks:
1. Using the text given in the file extend2-1.html, make changes to the HTML code to change the
Web page from a single line of text to a definition list by following the definition list code shown in
Table 2-6 on page HTML 52.