HTML and CSS Reference
Apply Your Knowledge
Reinforce the skills and apply the concepts you learned in this chapter.
Editing the Apply Your Knowledge Web Page
Instructions: Start Notepad++. Open the file apply2-1.html from the Chapter02\Apply folder of the
Data Files for Students. See the inside back cover of this topic for instructions for downloading the
Data Files for Students, or contact your instructor for information about accessing the required files
for this topic.
The apply2-1.html file is a partially completed HTML file that you will use for this exercise.
Figure 2-44 shows the Apply Your Knowledge Web page as it should be displayed in a browser after
the additional HTML tags and attributes are added.
<h2> heading in color
added unordered list
with circle bullets
Perform the following tasks:
1. Enter g:\Chapter02\Apply\apply2-1.html as the URL to view the Web page in your browser.
2. Examine the HTML file and its appearance in the browser.
3. Using Notepad++, change the HTML code to make the Web page look similar to the one shown in
Figure 2- 44. Both headings are the color #910603. ( Hint: Use the style="color: #910603" property
4. Add the image kimono_doll.jpg (in the Chapter02\Apply folder) to the Web page. It has a width of
260 pixels and a height of 346 pixels. ( Hint: Include the image in a <header> </header> container
and remember to use the alt attribute.)
5. Make the bulleted list using bullet type "circle" as shown in Figure 2- 44.