MAME4ALL is a port of the MAME project for the Raspberry Pi. MAME stands for Mul-
tiple Arcade Machine Emulator , and as its name implies, it is capable of running a large
number of arcade games.
MAME4ALL is not available in the Pi Store or the repositories, so we must download it
from the project home page. We will be using wget to download the project files as fol-
1. First, we will create a folder for MAME4ALL. Type mkdir mame4all in a ter-
2. Now, enter into the mame4all directory with cd mame4all .
3. Next, type wget http://raspberrypigaming.com/files/
mame4all_pi.zip . If that doesn't work, go to https://code.google.com/p/
mame4all-pi/ for the latest download.
4. Unzip the file by running unzip mame4all_pi.zip .
5. Place your game files in the roms directory.
6. Now, run MAME4ALL by typing ./mame .
7. A menu will appear with your available games. Have fun!