Mednafen is a program that consists of multiple system emulators. It can emulate the Atari
Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket Color, WonderSwan, Game Boy Color, and the TurboGrafx-16 with
Installing Mednafen from the terminal is easy. We will use apt-get , which is the default
package manager for Raspbian. The apt-get command makes it easy to install and up-
date common Linux utilities and programs.
Before using apt-get to install an application, you should run sudo apt-get up-
date . This will keep the list of available applications up to date.
Let's see how to use the apt-get command:
1. In the command prompt, type sudo apt-get install mednafen and
press Enter .
2. The apt-get command will now search the repositories for the application,
download the package, and install it on your system. When it is completed, type
mednafen and press Enter . You will be greeted with text that explains how to use
3. This version is best run under the desktop, so type startx in the command
prompt, and press Enter .
4. You will want to bring up the terminal app by double-clicking on LXTerminal
from the desktop. You will also need to supply a game file to test with.
5. From the terminal, type mednafen /path/to/gamename and press Enter ,
for example, mednafen /home/pi/homebrew.zip .
6. Mednafen will read the game file, select the correct system, and bring up the game
You are now ready to play games using Mednafen.