To setup your controller for the game systems, you will need to exit back out to the ter-
minal. Then complete the following steps:
1. Run sudo chown pi /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg .
2. Then, run cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin .
3. Finally, run sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/ret-
4. You will then be prompted to press your controller buttons.
5. When this is complete, run sudo reboot to reboot your Raspberry Pi.
Your controller will now be configured.
RetroPie has two ways to copy game files onto the Pi. The first is using SAMBA shares.
These are essentially folders shared over your network. The following steps will explain
how to use SAMBA shares to copy game files onto the Pi:
1. On Windows, you can access the folders by going to the network tab, or by enter-
ing the IP address of your Pi into the folder menu starting with two backslashes,
for example, \\192.168.0.63 .