Creating the SD card in Windows
To create the SD card in Windows, you will need to download the program called
Once you are done with the downloading, perform the following steps:
1. Unzip the Raspbian image by double-clicking on the Raspbian.zip file.
2. Select a place on your hard drive to save the extracted file.
3. Click on Extract files… .
4. Insert the SD card into your computer's SD card reader.
5. Run Win32 Disk Imager .
6. Select the Raspberry Pi image on your hard drive.
7. Select the drive letter under the device that corresponds to the SD card.
8. Click on Write .