Graphics Programs Reference
6. Insert a Spry Validation Textarea widget in the upper-right cell, close the Input Tag
Accessibility Attributes dialog box, enter topicvalidate as the Spry Textarea name,
and then make sure the fi eld is set as Required. Click the scroll bar to select the text
area, enter topic as the fi eld name, set the character width to 80, and then set the
number of lines to 10.
7. Add a Submit button in the lower-right cell, and then save the page. Click the OK
button in the Copy Dependent Files dialog box to add the SpryAssets folder and fi les
to the site.
8. Connect to an existing database or create the database on your remote server using
the tess_db.sql fi le located in the Tutorial.09\Case3 folder included with your Data
Files. ( Hint : Obtain the information you need from your instructor or technical sup-
9. In the Server Behaviors panel, select PHP as the document type in Step 2, if
10. Set up the testing server in Step 3, check the Testing check box for the Tess Web
Server in the Servers tab, then edit the server profi le and enter the URL for your
remote site in the Web URL box, if necessary.
11. In the Server Behaviors panel, add the Recordset behavior, click the Simple button
if necessary, name the recordset tess_record , click the Defi ne button, click the New
button, type tess_connect as the connection name, type localhost or your database
server URL as the MySQL server, type your username and password, click the Select
button to display a list of databases, click the tess_db database, click the OK button
in each dialog box, click the Done button, click tess_connect in the Connection list,
click Simple if necessary, click topic in the Table list, click the Selected option but-
ton, click topic_text in the Columns list, and then click the OK button. The Recordset
behavior is added to the page and appears in the Server Behaviors panel.
12. In the Server Behaviors panel, add the Insert Record behavior, click topicform in
the Submit values from list, if necessary, click tess_connect in the Connection list,
click topic in the Insert into table list, click 'topic_text' does not get a value in the
Columns list, click FORM.topic in the Value list, click Text in the Submit as list, if
necessary, click the Browse button, click the coaching.html page in the local root
folder, and click the OK button in each dialog box. The Insert Record behavior is
added to the page and is visible in the Server Behaviors panel.
13. Save the page, upload the page to your remote server (include dependent fi les), and
then preview the page in a browser (update the page and the dependent fi les on the
testing server, if necessary).
14. Copy the Recordset behavior in the Server Behaviors panel, and then close the page.
15. Open the coaching.html page in Design view, select PHP as the document type in
Step 2 in the Server Behaviors panel, update the links in the fi le, paste the Recordset
behavior into the Server Behaviors panel in the page, save the coaching.php page,
update the Coaching navigation text to link to the coaching.php page, save the page
again, and then upload the page to your remote server.
16. Above the Coaching disclaimer heading, enter an Online Coaching heading, and then
type the following text in the Online Coaching section: Below I have provided some
general information that you may fi nd helpful. Check back frequently for more.
17. Place the insertion point in a blank line below the text in the Online Coaching sec-
tion, click the Dynamic Table button in the Dynamic Data list in the Data category
of the Insert panel, click the All records option button, set the border to 0, set the cell
padding to 5, click the OK button, and then delete the fi rst row of the dynamic table
(the row that shows “topic_text”).
18. Save the coaching.php page, upload the page to your remote server (include depen-
dent fi les), preview the topics.php page in a browser (update the fi les and dependent
fi les on the testing server, if necessary), type a test entry in the form followed by