Graphics Programs Reference
Validate Form dialog box
form objects i n
the contact form
Trouble? If the Validate Form behavior is not available, you probably selected
the table, a cell, or another part of the form rather than the form itself. Click in
the Document window, repeat Step 2, and then repeat Step 5.
6. In the Fields box, click input “first_name” to select it, if necessary, and then click
the Required check box to insert a check mark. The text “(R)” appears after the
field name to indicate that the field is required.
7. In the Fields box, click input “last_name” , and then check the Required check
box to make the field a required field.
8. In the Fields box, click input “email_address” , and then check the Required
check box to make the field a required field.
9. In the Accept group, click the Email address option button to set a limit requir-
ing the data to follow the standard e-mail format. The text “(RisEmail)” appears
after the field name to indicate that the field is required and must be in the e-mail
10. Click the OK button. The Validate Form behavior appears in the behavior list in
the Behaviors panel. See Figure 7-4.
Validate Form behavior added to the contact form
11. In the Behaviors panel, click the Events arrow, and then click onSubmit , if neces-
sary. The behavior will run when the Submit button is clicked.