Data Computing Appliance (DCA)
In Chapter 2 , Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform (UAP) , we were introduced to
Data Computing Appliance ( DCA ) of Greenplum, In this section we will take a dive
deep into the configuration options in DCA.
There are four important layers in DCA. The following table explains the functions for
Compute Currently, the latest intel processor for excellent compute node perform-
Storage High-density RAID protected disks
Database Greenplum Database incorporating MPP
Network Dual 10Gig Ethernet switches for high-speed data communication
The following table provides the hardware details on the DCA UAP edition modules.
Notably, now there are five modules to deploy from:
• Greenplum Database compute, four 2RU servers per module
• Greenplum Database standard, four 2RU servers per module
• GPHD, four 2RU servers per module
• GPHD—compute, two 1RU servers per module, and for computation only
• GP DIA, two 1RU servers per module